Urology is a branch of medicine that focuses on the diseases affecting the urinary tract system and male reproductive organs. The organs that come under the scanner here are the kidneys, adrenal glands, ureters, urinary bladder, urethra, and the male reproductive organs (testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate, and penis). Though there is a prevalent misconception that gynecologists are for women what urologists are for men, urologist in Vaishali, Ghaziabad, Noida also deals with certain women urinary tract related health issues. These include overactive bladder, pelvic organ prolapse, and urinary incontinence. In fact, doctors who specialize in female urology gain detailed knowledge of the female pelvic floor together with intimate understanding of the physiology and pathology. So for woman, gynaecologist is the doctor for menstrual, genital and pregnancy related troubles but UROLOGIST is the doctor who treats urinary problems.
Here are 9 things you should know as a woman
- Age related factors affect both men and women: However, women do not have prostate but they suffer similar urinary problems as men at growing age. Right around the time when menopause and andropause strike, changing hormone levels affect the pelvic floor, bladder, urethra and vagina in women causing problems like recurrent urinary tract infection, frequency, nocturia and urinary incontinence. These conditions are effectively treated by a urologist who can also probe for underlying conditions like urethral stenosis, overactive bladder, stone, polyp, or tumor in severe cases.
- An overactive bladder is more common than you think: Around 40% women have to hit the bathroom every hour or so owing to this. Simple lifestyle changes like lowering the intake of caffeine and alcohol, in combination with pelvic floor exercises can decrease the problem. However, a urologist can help you to diagnose and treat this condition successfully.
- Women must go for urination after sex: Urinary tract infections are very common in sexually active females. During intercourse lot of vaginal bacteria gets entry into urinary bladder. If woman voids after sex, majority of bacteria are thrown out and rest are handled by body immunity. But if you sleep over with all these bacteria, you are more likely to suffer with UTI.
- Women sometimes pee in their pants too: A majority of the female population between 40 and 60 suffer from either stress incontinence (when you cough, sneeze or laugh) or urgency incontinence (leaking when you want to go badly). Urologist in Noida, Greater Noida, Ghaziabad can help you to know that there are minimal invasive options and medications available to treat this problem.
- Pelvic pain: If it is not gynecology then it is urology. A general pain in the pelvic region triggers a visit to the gynecologist first for most women.From menstrual cramps to ovarian cysts, all of this may well be taken care of by your gynecologist. But when the usual culprits are not the cause for your discomfort, it’s time you get the urological aspect examined thoroughly too by a urologist.
- Know the difference between UTI and STI: Because of cross symptoms, one often gets mistaken for the other. So check with your urologist in Ghaziabad, Vaishali, Noida to understand the cause and cure of your particular problem.
- Recognize pelvic organ prolapse: This condition is defined by a bit of bladder, rectal, or uterine tissue bulging out of your vagina. An urologist can provide minimal invasive options to deal with this.
- Women can get kidney stones too: This is true, especially when you forget to hydrate yourself in hot climates or high temperature situations.
- Urology can solve some sexual problems too: Whether it’s sexual dysfunction, low libido or trouble reaching orgasm, urologist can play its part to help you out.